Find resources for drug treatment, harm reduction, and crisis help
- Washington Poison Center 1-800-222-1222
24-hour expert treatment advice on exposures to poisonous, hazardous, or toxic substances.
- 24-hour Crisis Line 1-866-4-CRISIS (1-866-427-4747)
Immediate help for those in emotional crisis. Referrals to appropriate services. Primary link for Seattle-King County residents to emergency mental health services.
- King County Crisis Line Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-621-4636 (M-F 8am-6pm)
- Teen Link 1-866-833-6546 (evenings 6-10pm)
Confidential and anonymous help line for teens.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Recovery Support
Medications for Opioid Use Disorder in WA State
- Medications for Opioid Use Disorder Locator via Washington Recovery Help Line
- Directory of Certified Chemical Dependency Services in Washington State
- Licensed Opioid Treatment Programs (aka methadone clinics)
- Licensed Buprenorphine Providers Locator
For Pregnant and Parenting Women with Substance Use Disorders
- Parent-Child Assistance Program: Home visitation case management for mothers who use alcohol or drugs during pregnancy. Learn more about PCAP in this video:
- Washington Recovery Alliance Network of regional recovery coalitions in WA State
- Recovery Cafe Network Recovery Cafés provide support, resources and a community of care along the entire continuum of a person’s need for recovery support. Focus on providing a welcoming space and meals for people in all stages of recovery.
- Recovery High Schools Specifically designed for young people in recovery. WA has one in Seattle.
Services for People who Use Drugs
- Syringe exchange programs in WA State Current list of programs in WA State.
- Safer drug use/injection education topics Educational materials for download.
- Hepatitis Education Project Hepatitis education, support, advocacy.
- WA State Community Resources Health and human services in WA State (e.g., domestic violence, health care, mental health, housing, food, legal, jobs, financial). Dial 2-1-1 or visit their website.